Saturday, 31 May 2014

Have read/reading/will read 31.05.14

There is a fly buzzing around my room. It is super irritating but I am juuuuust that bit too comfy to get up and open the window.

I am having half an hour of chillage before I go and take the dogs out. I went for a run this morning, enjoyed a whole punnet of strawberries, did housework, went to the shops, and now am worrying about the grinding noise my car is making. Will the car worries ever end?

I am making myself do very little this weekend. I already feel more relaxed. It is nice to have no commitments every now and again. I couldn't do this all the time, I would get all antsy and bored, but i really feel I need some taking it slow time, and it's good. 

This evening I am planning on cracking on with some books. Books are my ultimate escape route, nothing else takes me away from life like they do- telly and films just don't let me shut off like they do. 

So here's how I've been getting on with the reading recently. 

Have read


The whole A Song of Ice and Fire series. I know this is old news, as I finished ages ago, but since then I had a bit of a book break, such was the awesomeness of them. I am now such a big geek and fan of the whole shebang, including the TV series (I can count on one hand the things I actually want to watch on TV, and this is number one). I seriously can't wait until Winds of Winter is out, although it will be bloody ages. The excitement from me will be like the final Harry Potter times a million.

Reading


I've been having a Jill Mansell binge, her books are so easy to read, light, fun, and harmless. They are all so interchangeable I have trouble remembering which I have read and which I haven't. But I do love them. They are great to slip into after a hard old day.

Will read


This book was a birthday present- a friend and I have started a tradition of giving each other books. I love it when people recommend a book to me. I know nothing about this one, but am just waiting for the right moment to get stuck in.


A mish mash of a pile... I started rereading the Jilly Cooper on holiday last month and still have a bit to go, but I'll keep that there for when I am at a loose end. I started the Louise Bagshawe Passion one, but it irritated me so it's on the back burner for when I get desperate. A couple more Jill Mansells, I think I may have read them... I find her titles are so generic and irrelevant to the book I never know what happens in which book! And a young adult pick to fill the Hunger Games void, I got The Maze Runner for when I fancy some fast paced exciting stuff.

I love having books on the go and new things lined up to read! 

What are you reading? Any recommendations? 




5 comments:

  1. Right now I'm reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn and Packing For Mars by Mary Roach. Geek Love, in my opinion, isn't living up to the hype. I'm only a hundred pages in so maybe it'll get better as I go on. Packing For Mars is really interesting but reads like a scholarly article.

    Some books I'd recommend are the Night Circus by Erik Morgenstein, anything by Bukowski (but fair warning, he's a really bitter man haha), A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry ... if you like YA books I liked The Fault in our Stars, The Maze Runner and The Giver.

    Oh I have a million actually, but start with those and if you like my taste in books then absolutely send me an email and I'll tell you more. novaisawesome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, duh, just noticed you have The Maze Runner in your pile of books. Welp, enjoy it! haha I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for 45 comments, I guess I'm just really passionate about books this morning, but I forgot a really important trilogy. If you haven't read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman I say get to that one ASAP. It seems like it should be a kid's series but it is NOT. I put off reading these books for years because I heard the movie The Golden Compass sucked and because "his dark materials" sounded kind of cheesy but seriously I can't recommend these books enough. So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading too- every night before I go to sleep without fail :) I like the Peter James books but they all have Dead in the title so can never remember which ones I have read. I read The Great Gatsby a while ago and loved that (only after seeing the film, but that helped with some of the weird flowery language I think)- at the moment am reading a Jack Reacher book- easy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just started the Game of Thrones - having to read it on the iPad though. Still, I am super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete

I ruddy well love a good comment.
I love to reply and will do so on here, or pop over to your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...